The Academy has an Executive Board, standing committees and resource personnel. The following are the standing committees:
- Membership Committees – There are three membership committees. 1) The Fellows Committee, chaired by the Vice President for Fellows, strives to identify potential Fellows of the Academy and reviews applications for new Fellows. 2) The Members Committee, chaired by the Vice-President for Members, strives to identify potential Members of the Academy and reviews applications for new Members, Associate Members, and Honorary Members. 3) The Student Members Committee, chaired by the Vice President for Student Members, encourages current Members and Fellows to nominate student members and reviews their applications.
- Publications Committee – This Committee is responsible for the publications of the IARLD. These include: 1) The International Journal for Research in Learning Disabilities (IJRLD), a peer-reviewed journal that aims to become an international resource on learning disabilities and a prestigious medium for exchanging scholarship among our membership and beyond. The IJRLD is published twice annually. It is sent by post to all members of the IARLD, and will be available in print and electronically to libraries and other subscribers. 2) Our Newsletter, IARLD Updates, is sent electronically to our members twice annually.
- Awards Committees – There are two Award Committees. The first Committee adjudicates the Marjorie Montague Award for Outstanding Doctoral Level Research, which is given biennially. The second Committee adjudicates the Janette Klingner IARLD Conference Poster Award, which is given yearly.
The Academy has an Executive Board. In addition to the Executive Board, the organizational structure of the Academy is composed of several standing committees and resource personnel.
- Membership Committees – These include specific committees and task forces aimed at developing Fellows, Members, Associate Members and Student Members. Honorary Members are also designated where deemed appropriate.
- Publications Committee – This Committee is responsible for publishing International Journal for Research in Learning Disabilities, an organization periodical distributed twice a year to members of the Academy.